Saturday, November 1, 2008

What's in a name?

My given name is Leah. My middle name is Chanelle and my surname is Young. I've always liked my name except that when participating in things alphabetically organized, I am inevitably last. Hence my joy in high school, mid year, when Ivana Zelankovich came to my school. Nevertheless to be forever young is no small feat.

My Father insisted I have my Godmother's givenname. Leah, a beautiful name to be sure. My Godparents are Jewish and the origin of my name is from the Hebrew meaning delicate or weary. Admittedly, I sometimes feel both delicate and weary, more often than I care to acknowledge. But to my delight when I was pondering the value of affirming weariness, I discovered that Leah has a Chaldean origin as well, meaning mistress or ruler. I like both of those much better...these fit my persona snugly.

Armed with this more pleasing data, I moved on to uncover the meaning of my middle name. Chanelle, a derivative of the French surname Chanel meaning pipe or flow. Now I'm really on to something. Leah Chanelle Young, mistress of the flow forever young. That's me. Add to that the word unlimited.

According to answers.com, unlimited is to have no restrictions or controls, to be infinite, without qualification or exception; absolute.

To live in the divine flow that is me forever, wow! What a challenge. The illusion of limits is the limit itself. Since my childhood I have endeavored to be all I could conceive, for sure falling into some pits along the way. But, the pits have only inspired me to reach for more. Leah Unlimited is my declaration to run my course at full power. Come along if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment